BOBi League Notice - Conclusion of the 2019/20 season

9th April 2020
  • In recent weeks the BOBi League has been working collaboratively with Berks & Bucks FA and Oxfordshire FA on how to conclude the 2019-20 season in the most appropriate way possible following the outbreak of COVID-19.

    These are challenging circumstances for English football and all decisions taken are in the best interests of the game and in consultation across key stakeholders. Our primary concern will always be for the safety and welfare of clubs, players, staff, officials, volunteers and supporters during this unprecedented time.

    Important Notice for All Clubs

    All football activities across Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire have been postponed for the foreseeable future. Clubs should not be training, formally or informally, in any way during this time. There is currently no confirmed date for when clubs can resume training but we encourage everyone to continue to monitor this webpage for further updates – please click HERE.


    Conclusion of the 2019/20 Season

    In line with the FA Statement on Thursday 26th March the League Committee can now confirm that the BOBi League is now concluded for the 2019-20 season. This will allow the league to move forward and to commence planning for next season.

    The planned March, April and both May festivals have now been cancelled and will not take place. The results from the previously planned festivals have been expunged. There will be no official promotion or relegation and there will be no league winners declared. Given that only 2 festivals have taken placed it would be impossible to fairly declare any league winners using the points per game calculation for the remaining unplayed fixtures. The BOBi League has always tried to placed teams in the most appropriate divisions and the League Committee will retain the use of this system for the 2020-21 season.


    Restart of the 2020/21 Season

    We will endeavour to revert back to our normal schedule for the 2020/21 season. Without knowing a fixed date when football can resume we will have to be flexible. It is our hope that the first BOBi League fixture for the 2020/21 season will take place in late September, 2020. More information on dates for next season will be circulated as soon as we have further information on when football can resume.


    We thank all clubs for their understanding at this difficult time. This is not the way any of us would have liked to conclude the season and no decision was made lightly. We feel that for the integrity of the competition this is the best way to proceed and to focus us on getting ready for the next season. It only leaves me to say that we hope that everyone is well and remains safe at this time. We look forward to welcoming everyone back at the next BOBi League Festival which we hope will take place later this year. If any club does have any immediate concerns please do contact us.

    Kind Regards,


    John Ayling

    League Secretary

    BOBi League

Tuesday 17th March ***EVENT POSTPONED***BOBi League – Season 2020/21 ***Update***